Ducks Unlimited announces top university chapters
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – March 30, 2015 – Each spring, Ducks Unlimited announces its Sweet 16 list of top-producing volunteer university chapters throughout the nation. This elite group is considered the best of the best when it comes to fundraising and overall chapter strength.
To qualify for this year’s Sweet 16, chapters must have raised more than $24,000 during the 2014 calendar year.
“I am extremely proud of our collegiate volunteers from across the country. Their passion for waterfowl conservation has again led to a record breaking year for the Ducks University program,” said Mark Horobetz, DU’s manager of youth and education programs.
This year’s Sweet 16 college chapters are:
- Tiger Chapter, Louisiana State University
- Aggieland Chapter, Texas A&M University
- Lamar University, Texas
- North Carolina State University
- Gustavus Adolphus College, Minnesota
- Colorado State University
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- Pirate Chapter, East Carolina University
- Bulldogs Chapter, Starkville, Mississippi
- University of Alabama
- Ole Miss
- University of Arkansas Razorback Chapter
- Martin Mallards Chapter, Tennessee
- University of Tennessee
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Southeast Louisiana University
For more information about university chapters, visit http://www.ducks.org.
Ducks Unlimited Inc. is the world’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to conserving North America’s continually disappearing waterfowl habitats. Established in 1937, Ducks Unlimited has conserved more than 13 million acres thanks to contributions from more than a million supporters across the continent. Guided by science and dedicated to program efficiency, DU works toward the vision of wetlands sufficient to fill the skies with waterfowl today, tomorrow and forever. For more information on our work, visit http://www.ducks.org. Connect with us on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/DucksUnlimited, follow our tweets at http://www.twitter.com/DucksUnlimited and watch DU videos at http://www.youtube.com/DucksUnlimitedInc.